senior SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Map Graphics developer
We are looking for a senior front-end web developer to lead the front-end development of a mapping application.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Experience with developing high-performance graphics in the browser
Experience with front-end frameworks, particularly React
Front-end build tools – NPM, Gulp, Bower etc
CSS pre-processors like Sass and LESS
Experience with mapping frameworks such as ESRI, OpenLayers, or D3 would be a bonus
At Cognitive Geology we are building a ground-breaking disruptive software product portfolio for geological modelling in the oil and gas industry. Our customers are global businesses and we are growing fast.
We are looking for people with excellent knowledge of, and a passion for, software engineering, combined with a strong interest in modelling the real world.
Professional attitude, ambition, flexibility and transparent communication are inherent in our team. Our values are:
Ambition – no need to be content here
Curiosity – innovation springs from crazy ideas and asking why
Invention – everything can be done better
Everyone's a Barista - drink coffee and get to know colleagues
What you will be doing:
- Thinking through hard problems, and working with the team to develop solutions
- Communicating clearly to both technical and business people
- Involvement in the agile process, including analysis, design, and task estimation
- Being a mentor and role model to less experienced developers
- Working in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent environment where your talent is valued
You don’t need all of these so if you have some please come and speak to us:
- Software development with C# and .Net
- API design and developing against third-party APIs
- Strong understanding of Solid principles and TDD with proven experience
- Working with Visual Studio and source control
- Working in an Agile team - rendering, mapping, and graphical user interface
- Interest and aptitude in mathematics
What we offer:
- An achievement-based career path where you can gain responsibility while remaining technical if you wish
- Personal and professional development
- A market leading salary with the opportunity to benefit from options in the company
- An opportunity to help shape the future of the company and its culture
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.